Sunday, October 3, 2010

A self portrait in words

Layoffs, unemployment, divorce and career change have been the dominating themes in my life over the last year or two.
I feel like I am finally moving ahead in my life, instead of working my ass off and getting (seemingly) nowhere.
That feeling has been pervasive for so long I sometimes feel like I am in some kind of dream, or somehow in a place I don't quite belong. I know that neither is true.
I put a lot of pressure on myself, yet I know that to work at my best I need to be calm and centered. I lose focus very easily if I am distracted or preoccupied. Therefore putting the kind of stress on myself that I have been lately can only be counterproductive. I am driven, I don't need to trash myself internally to provide motivation.
There is uncertainty in the future as always but at least now I feel like I am on the right path again.
It could be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation, time will tell I suppose. I can only do my part and hope things work out.
In a nutshell I am a guy with hopeful outlook on the future, and I have had to work hard to be where I am. Thats not a new story and I know the work never ends.
As far as how others see me, that is interesting.

Two years ago I may have had a clear answer. I have changed so much I'm not really sure anymore. How do others see me?
Do I ask other how they see me, or come up with some notion of my own. I hope people see my dedication and work ethic. I could go on with this but it begins to go back to how I see myself. This is going to require some serious thought, so I am stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment