Friday, September 3, 2010

What I hope to gain from this class.

For me I think technical issues are going to be important not only in this class but throughout my academic career. I have done a lot of shooting over the years on the streets, events and my personal work. I have always used pretty basic gear. Fairly slow, often times prime lenses. In fact the XSi I have now is the first AF lens I have ever used, and I am still adjusting in those times when I use it.
The point and the goal for me is to use as much, and hopefully the full range of gear that the school has to offer and understand how I can use these tools to improve my work, instead of the gear contributing to mistakes.
I think community is important especially among artists and I am happy to see that this school has people who are actively trying to build this up. It is a huge resource we should all take advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment